+ URBAN WORLD PODCAST INTERVIEW
Posted on 09 Aug 2014 Category: Amerie
Amerie talks to Urbanworld about her 5 year gap between albums, music as an artform being devalued, how much a female artist should have to answer to about their image, bad chick culture, the making of new single 'What I Want', the 2 album projects that she is working on & more.
Listen to the interview here: UrbanWorld
+ HANDBAG.COM INTERVIEW + NEW PHOTO
Posted on 17 Jul 2014 Category: Amerie
Handbag.com crew caught up with Amerie to find out what she carries in her well-cared for handbag and what's the weirdest thing she's kept tucked away in there.
HANDBAG: What's the weirdest thing that's ever happened to your handbag?
AMERIE: I was travelling and was peeling an apple and accidentally had kept the steak knife I was using in my bag. It made it through security and I don't know how!
Read the full interview here: Handbag.com Amerie Interview
Plus, Amerie uploaded a cool new photo to her instagram profile yesterday and tagged it #BILI #WhatIWant (instagram.com/p/qhUET1jmcb/), she did not share any more info:
+ SCHΦN! MAGAZINE & HUNGER TV INTERVIEWS
Posted on 29 Jun 2014 Category: Amerie, Music
On June 24, two new Amerie interviews surfaced online. She shared some interesting information about her releases:
HungerTV: Talk us through your plans for the rest of the year, what more is to come?
Amerie: “What I Want” will be released digitally in the UK August 10th, and we’re aiming for February of next year for the BILI album release. My album Cymatika should follow shortly thereafter, likely fall of next year. And of course, I’m writing my novels, but I can’t say anything more about that quite yet!
Read the full interviews bellow:
SCHΦN! MAGAZINE Interview
HUNGER TV Interview
+ INTERVIEW ON THE "HIT RADIO", MARRAKECH
Posted on 24 Jun 2014 Category: Amerie
Earlier this month, Amerie spent some time in Marrakech, Morocco, Africa. On June 14, she performed in club Pacha in Marrakech. She also had an interview on the local radio station Hit Radio. Check it out below:
+ UK'S CAPITAL XTRA RADIO STATION INTERVIEW
Posted on 11 Jun 2014 Category: Amerie
While in UK, Amerie stopped to have a lil' interview with the Max of UK's radio station Capital XTRA. She discussed everything from her classic single "Why Don't We Fall In Love", Rihanna's nude dress and the Kanye-Kim wedding. Visit their official site: Capital Xtra - Ameriie Interview
Ameriie talks about her very first single "Why Don't We Fall in Love":
Amerie talks about marriage and her wedding vs Kimye's:
Amerie gives opinion on Rihanna's nude dress:
Ameriie plays Swerve with Max:
Amerie gives some relationship advice for the ladies:
+ FAULT MAGAZINE INTERVIEW & PHOTOSHOOT
Posted on 11 Jun 2014 Category: Amerie, Photos
Amerie did a photoshoot with a+c:studio styling duo (a+c:studio instagram, a+c:studio website) and interview for London's Fault Magazine. Read the full article and check out all the photos on the following link: Exclusive Ameriie interview and photoshoot for Fault Online
Fault Online: What have you been up to in the last 5 years?
Ameriie: The last 5 years I’ve been constantly creating new music, it’s something I always do. I was recording for Cymatika, which is Part 1 of a Trilogy, that I’ll be releasing in the future and also simultaneously recording songs for BILI [Because I Love It] 2.
I’ve been recording songs, writing and co-producing as well and then depending on the sound of the song, that dictates which project the song will be landing on because Cymatika has a very distinctive sound, sonically it’s very tight. BILI 2 has a certain sound as well, but the sound is not as extremely specific as Cymatika is.
+ AMERIE PERFORMING IN EUROPE - JUNE 2014
Posted on 04 Jun 2014 Category: Amerie
Amerie is performing in Europe in just a few days.
These are the exact dates and locations:
6th June - Ballare, Cambridge, UK
7th June - WereWolf, London, UK
7th June - Cokobar, London, UK
8th June - Vior, Zurich, Switzerland
+ NEW SONG "WHAT I WANT"
Posted on 03 Jun 2014 Category: Music
Via her new youtube channel (OfficialAmeriieTV) Amerie releases a lyric video to her new song titled "What I Want". Her official website (Ameriie.com) also premiered the song.
+ AMERIE ALL SET TO WOW DUBAI ON VALENTINE'S DAY
Posted on 14 Feb 2014 Category: Amerie
Before her Valentine's Day show in N’Dulge nightclub (Atlantis, the Palm Jumeirah, Dubai) Amerie had a short interview with CityTimes' Adam Zacharias.
- This is your second time in Dubai in less than a year. Is there anything on your list that you didn’t get to do here last time? - There are always new things to explore, and one of my favourite things to do while visiting another country is learn more about the culture. I enjoy going to restaurants that showcase food authentic to the region, as well as seeing the sights that aren’t filled with tourists. I like to see what it’s truly like to live there. Hopefully I’ll have time to do this when I’m in Dubai. Discovering new food is easy since I love food so much, so that’s first on my list!
- Do you usually work on Valentine’s Day? - Not usually, but I thought this would be something fun, another new experience. And of course, my husband (and manager, Lenny Nicholson) is accompanying me, so it isn’t as if I’m leaving my Valentine behind!
- For those breaking into the music industry in 2014, what advice would you give them? - Believe in yourself and do your best to become better in every way not only a better overall artist, but also a better person. Music is about connection connection with yourself and with God and the universe and other people. I think the most beautiful thing is hearing music from someone who has something to say that comes from beneath the surface, from the place that is common to all of us.
- Is it true that the 1 Thing music video was recorded in one 26-hour shoot? - Yes, it’s true. It was non-stop, and quite a few of us (me, my husband/manager, director Chris Robinson, choreographer Jamaica Craft) didn’t even eat. The black and white scene with the bongo players was the last of the shooting day, and it was just so much fun, we all had the energy to pull through. That said, next time we’ll divide such a shooting day into two separate days.
- Where did the idea for the Cymatika trilogy come about? - My ideas for songs and for albums just come to me and I go with whatever I’m feeling. I’m still creating it, but I believe the bones are there. I am also recording another project: BILI (Because I Love It) volume II, which has a very different sound.
- You recently voiced your support for Lorde. What is it about her that you admire so much? - I enjoy her music and although I don’t know much about her, what I do see is that she’s unafraid to be strong and opinionated. I believe a woman’s most powerful weapon (for lack of a better word) is her mind. That is why being scantily clad isn’t so shocking these days, but a woman who isn’t afraid to voice her opinion can be very polarising.
// © AmerieWeb 2014